We know athletes and tattoos tend to run hand-in hand, but this new job listing has to be one of the craziest things we’ve ever heard. MLS soccer team the Philadelphia Union is looking to hire a Chief Tattoo Officer. Yes, you heard that correctly. A Chief Tattoo Officer.
The job listing outlined some of what the team wants from whomever is to fill this apparent void:
- Must operate at a permanent shop of residency in the PA/NJ/DE market
- If an individual artist, must have endorsement of shop owner to serve this role
- If a full shop, must disclose participating artists (if not all artists will be part of program)
- Minimum 5 years experience (post-apprenticeship)
- Diverse skillset as needed by clientele including American Traditional, Realism, Japanese and more
- Must enjoy tattooing snake designs (after all, we have a snake in our crest)
- Due to player schedules, work may occasionally occur off-site at Philadelphia Union facilities
We immediately thought this had to be a joke. It seems like something you’d find on a team’s website for April Fools Day, but we’re about six-weeks too early for that.