Article will continue after advertisement

Security cameras at a wine store in Grand Central Terminal captured footage of a dramatic e-cigarette explosion.

A worker at Central Cellars Wine and Spirits in NYC was standing behind the counter talking with co-workers when an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket.

“I looked, and it looked like he had fireworks in his pocket,” Central Cellars assistant manager John Lee told NBC  4 New York News.

RELATED: Watch the shocking moment an E-Cig explodes in this guy’s pocket

Otis Gooding, 31, suffered third-degree burns and was admitted to the Weill Cornell Medical Center burn unit, where he is expected to have surgery, according to his attorney, Sanford Rubenstein.

Gooding’s coworker John Lee, a former e-cig user, told CNN that the device had been customized.

“I’ve never seen one that has so much power, it’s aftermarket customized so you can change the voltage for high performances,”  he said.

No one else was injured in the incident.

CNN has cited other cases of e-cig explosions including another one in NYC where one blew up a young man’s face, knocking out teeth, ripping a hole in his tongue and leaving his hands covered in burns.

According to Rubenstein, Gooding will be pursuing legal action against the manufacturer.