Article will continue after advertisement

First it was reported that Team USA swimmer Ryan Lochte, 32, was robbed at gunpoint in Rio on Saturday night, and that his mother was the source of the information. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) followed up and said the reports were “absolutely not true.” Then Lochte said it happened. Now, the Rio police have weighed in with just about no evidence of the alleged robbery.

According to the Associated Press, police have found “little evidence,” supporting Lochte’s account of the alleged robbery.

“The group did not call police, authorities said, and officers began investigating once they saw media reports in which Lochte’s mother spoke about the robbery. Police interviewed Lochte and one other swimmer, who said they had been intoxicated and could not remember what type and color of taxi they rode in or where the robbery happened, the police official said. The swimmers also could not say what time the events occurred.”

Well, here’s what Ryan Lochte had to say previously about the situation.

NBC News learned that U.S. swimmers Ryan Lochte, Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feign were all in a taxi heading for the Olympic Village when the car was stopped by men posing as armed police.

“We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over,” Lochte said. “They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn’t do anything wrong, so — I’m not getting down on the ground. ”

Lochte said this refusal led to a gun being cocked and aimed at his forehead.

“And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, ‘Get down,’ and I put my hands up, I was like ‘whatever.’ He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials,” he said.

Lochte’s statement completely contradicts an IOC spokesman’s response to the reports.

USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky made the following official statement to NBC News:

According to four members of the U.S. Olympic Swimming Team (Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger, Jimmy Feigen and Ryan Lochte), they left France House early Sunday morning in a taxi headed for the Olympic Village. Their taxi was stopped by individuals posing as armed police officers who demanded the athletes’ money and other personal belongings. All four athletes are safe and cooperating with authorities.

Currently, police are reportedly treating the swimmers as victims as they continue to investigate the situation.